3/16/2010

Truth

 " What we want to know about Truth?","why we wanna know about the Truth?" hm, this is a question that I often ask myself and my senior. Sometimes we do discuss this problem in yc session. Well, often I always having the conflict with my senior who is studying Journalism (while I am studying Public relations) about the point of view regarding this issue.
 
  Ya, ya ya.. the Truth is very important . Seems,we as a human being, we really curious to know the Truth. We find for the Truth of every incident that happen around us, the Truth of everything, the Truth of the universe as well. By the way, do we really think of why we are so wonder and excited to the Truth that we want to know?

  My senior told me this " We have the right to know the Truth. Why we want to hide all the Truth under the carpet when we are facing the crisis or dilemma? It doesn't make sense. The crisis is not going to be solve. By revealing the Truth, people around us may give us the appropriate solution to solve the problem. Isn't it good?" This is what my senior share with me when we are discussing about the politicians that always like to hide the Truth to the public. She believe that the elite group in the public may suggest some concrete ideas to solve the crisis.


  Ya, she is right with her point of view (probably, this is what we heard from the point of view as a journalist). Anyway, I would like to question her a situation. There are how many percent of elite group among the public? As we know , the percentage of the elite group among the public is small. How would it happen if the truth will cause a big impact to the public, We scared them by the Truth that we know? It is gonna be better if we reveal it out?

  Let me give an example. In the movie of 2012, what would it happened if all the presidents and prime ministers to tell their countries that they are facing the dilemma that they were ever have? Before we(leaders) start to do anythings about the truth, we actually scaring all the people with this Truth. Everyone would be crazy at the moment they discovered the Truth. Ya, perhaps we have the right to know the truth, but the timing really play an important role in this kind of situation.

  In relationship, everyone would think that honesty really play an important role. We have to be honest and responsible with what we said. I do agree with that statement. At the same times, I don't think it is apply to every situation that we met.

  My mum told me that, actually my grandpa own another family with another "wife". His children is as old as my mum. My mum just discovered the truth when she reveal it to me.She was so angry with my grandparents. She could not accept that my grandpa betray them by owning another families at the same time, my grandma remain silence for years although she know the truth. Yup, this is the situation. Does the truth brings any meaning when it started to spoil the joy of the family? I think I would understand my grandma. The joy of the family and a healthy growing environment for the children  is much much more important than the truth. I told my mum the same things. Recent years, we having dinner together with the others family member of my grandpa. We do enjoy the joy now :)

  I think truth do brings a lot of meaning to everyone. Anyway, revealing the truth really depends on the situation that we are facing. I would say timing is very important when revealing the truth. It is good to just keep the truth in our heart sometimes.

1 comment:

Weiyi said...

认同。
事实总是残酷的。
与其说出真相让大家痛苦,倒不如埋藏起来,让大家都可以继续的快乐。
但,真相,却又可以让一个人有一个更明确的方向。
见仁见智吧~

一切的一切,如你所说的,timing,天时地利人和都很重要。