4/29/2012

Monolog

         Celebration is actually a kind of appreciation that shows by the top management to the members that work hard for it. As for that, I really hope that I could have the budget to have a simple appreciation dinner with all the members.

         I get so excited when my treasurer told me that we have budget to have it! Seriously, I feel glad. The appreciation dinner not only means celebration, it just like farewell to everyone. There are others that willing to pay money to have a trip to have the last memories with their group members and I just wish to have a simple dinner with my group members..... yet this seems to be so difficult.

         Members prefer to refund the money rather to have the dinner. To them money is everything they need. Deal! Ya, perhaps it is really important to everyone. I felt sorry and apologize for the late refund. In fact, I should said we lack of the cohesiveness among the group. Hate to said that but it is true.

        Indeed, that's why I still insist to have the appreciation dinner as this may be the last chance to gather everyone together, to break the ice,to solve the conflict, to apologize, to forgive,to hug, to smile, to cry.. Nothing else, just to be TOGETHER.

        Not to blame, I know I did a bad job. Being a leader , once need to be good in giving instruction and organising.. and the important one .. being the spiritual person in the organisation. I am not good at all. Perhaps, I don't own the charisma to be the leader.

       Once heard that leader can be trained. In the other hand, I do believe some of the elements of a leader is so much connected with personality.

      Nonetheless, throughout this.. I learn, I feel, I gain and I loss..   After all, I should just make a step forward with the experience I gain.


3 comments:

洳洳 said...

u r a good leader, cheer....

Il Cavaliere Inesistente said...

It's never easy being a leader, looking all great in front of others yet putting in twice the effort at the back to ensure that everything goes accordingly. There's no denying that bonding is of essence, especially when it involves a group of people coming together, working as a team. Yet, some of us tend to feel the connection more than others. Considering that all are a part of the team, it is only reasonable to take into account each and every opinion, regardless of how diverse they might be. Thus comes problem because at the end of the day, you'll find that you can't please everyone. It is unfair to take all the blame by yourself, because you are a part of the team, albeit being its leader and each team member shall be held liable for its success and failure as well. Don't be too hard on yourself, at least you've tried your best as a leader, both physically as well as spiritually. You just have to accept the fact that some people are sentimental; others, not as much. I'd be throwing a celebration too if I were in your position, for relationship is something that money can't buy. Even though it didn't work out, be glad that the event is a success and you've earned yourself at the back to say the very least. Not all leaders are born, some are made; and with experience you'll fare better in the future. Do know that whatever it is that you do for a good cause, there'll always be someone there to support you. :)

【肯尼】 said...

I just happened to read your blog, and i wish to share with you something i've learnt from my partner in the drums team.

She always taught me, small little action maybe doesn't mean much to everyone, but still at the end of the day some people will started to realise how important it is for those so-called small little actions. I was actually one of them. Totally on your side if you plan to have an appreciation dinner, that's so much wonderful that it's a remarkable ending for everyone to remember the events, to keep in mind that you guys had just worked in a team and made out an succeed.

The most highlighted part from your blog was the "insist to have the appreciation dinner as this may be the last chance to gather everyone together, to break the ice,to solve the conflict, to apologize, to forgive,to hug, to smile, to cry.. Nothing else, just to be TOGETHER." this is so important. Of coz, money can be important as well, but which one, i mean, between $$ and memory,feeling,experience, which one is actually what we're looking for in our entire life? I'm sure everyone has the answer since we were young, because we tend to forget the important elements we are looking for once we grow because everything is about money now.

"money can't buy us happiness" from the lyrics of "Price Tag" sang by Jessie J, that's so meaningful.

about leadership, of coz you are, because every leader has different personalities, why would u have to be same as those successful leaders only because people say that becoming like them learn to be like them will lead you to be a successful leader? You're that type of leader who weigh "value" more than "monetary", and i am glad you're this type of leader because although i am quite success in my leadership, i am still working hard to be like you: leader who asks for values, not the perfectionism.